top of page
Thinking Man on Couch



It is estimated that about 1/3 of the population ends up suffering from depression (Canadian Mental Health Association). Only family doctors, psychiatrists and psychologists are qualified to diagnose depression. My first recommendation will probably be that you discuss your concerns with your family doctor. If a person's feelings of depression arise “out of the blue” and are thought to be chemical in nature, family physicians or psychiatrists can recommend medication. Social workers (like me) offer talk therapy. I can help you take an honest look at what may be contributing to depressive feelings in terms of current and past thought patterns, events and relationships in order to develop new, more satisfying strategies to lessen and perhaps even eliminate the depressive symptoms.

Man with Tattoos
Using laptop with blank screen - POV - Point of view perspective.jpg
Walking in Nature
bottom of page